Monday 7 December 2009

Winter Snowflake Wall Hanging

Hi, it's Sharon here. This week I have been playing with these two fabulous sets of chipboard




The snowflakes were used by Di in a class here. The letters that spell out WINTER are 70mm each and are a lovely font and a great size for working with.



I have made a vertical wall hanging with the snowflakes as backgrounds and the letters on top.

First I painted each snowflake in baby blue acrylic paint, once dry I sponge painted antique white over the top fading at the edges.

To give each snowflake an aged look I inked the edges roughly with creamy brown chalk ink. I then decorated each snowflake with glitter dust over glossy accents.

To make each letter I triple embossed them with Blonde Moments Sugar Cool UTEE. To make the swirl effect I stamped in to the hot UTEE before it set with swirl stamps, I also dropped some gems for extra sparkle.

I attached each snowflake with wire and pearl beads adding tulle and jingle bells to every second snowflake. Every other snowflake was decorated with Christmas Prima flowers and stars. I fastened a beaded tassle to the bottom and tied several coordinating ribbons and jingle bells to the top.






This wall hanging could also be made with the words SNOW that are also available and also has the option to be made horizontally.

There will be a class PDF file available soon which will show more step by step photographs.

Click on the pictures for close ups.
Thanks for looking.
x

11 comments:

Di said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sharon, I sooo want to make one of these now. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Karen said...

WOW... this is beautiful Sharon!!!!! I love the way you have stamped into the letters XXX

Leigh said...

Sharon that is absoulutely gorgoeus!!
This is exactly why you were selected for the DT--you do gorgeous things like this :D

I NEEEEEEED the snowflakes now!!! LO

Janice said...

This is lovely, what a great idea.

Angelnorth said...

This looks fabulous Sharon! I love the textured letters and all the glitz!

Fiona Duthie said...

Fantastic work Sharon - its gorgeous!!

Kaz said...

That's just gorgeous Sharon xx

Caroline said...

Really beautiful Sharon...x

Traceyr said...

What a beautiful wall hanging well done Sharon.
:)

Sarah Louise said...

Wow Sharon, i am so inspired, well done. And my colours, blues Mmmmmm, lol

Ruth Philps said...

Wow it's beautiful..I love the huge snowflakes, but then I'm not fussy I love all snowflakes!!