Saturday 1 May 2010

Mini Frames

First of all, well done Janice on winning the monthly competition. It would be lovely to see some more entries next month!

It's Kaz here this time and I've been playing with the smaller versions of the frame that Carol made the other day. These mini frames are so versatile and really dinky making them quick and fun to alter.


They come as separates to allow you to do what you want with them. I've painted this first one with acrylic paints then inked the edges and stamped paw prints before adding a photo. I finished off with some glossy accents and a few fimo bones.


I've made the second one into a little bit of artwork and made a mistake discovered a new technique in the process! For the base at the back, I stamped in Stazon onto some acrylic paint, but it was too fussy when combined with the front, so I used Stazon cleaner on it and, although it didn't remove all of the ink, it left just enough for it to work.

I've stuck patterened paper onto the frame and decorated it with a stamped image and some flowers, both die-cut and primas. Then I did a little light doodling.


I have plans for Christmas presents already with these frames.

Kaz xxx

7 comments:

Karen said...

These are fantastic Kaz. I like them both equally! Did you make the fimo bones yourself? XXX

Di said...

Oh wow, these are fab Kaz, you've got me thinking prezzies now too....fantastic stuff xx

Angelnorth said...

These look fantastic Kaz, love those doggie bones on the first and the way your figures are outside the frame on the second - fab stuff!

Traceyr said...

Great Kaz - I love these stands I think that is what makes them so unique.

:)

Sharon said...

These are adorable!

Hazel said...

These look very versatile - love what you've done, Kaz x

Carol Plume said...

what gorgeous frames - love the one of Jess....xx