Monday 22 November 2010

Chipboard jewellery

Hello everyone... this is my first post as part of the Design Team and I'm really excited and grateful to Di for allowing me to join you and share some of my creations using the gorgeous Tando Creative chipboard.

At the moment I'm in painting mode (one of my more recent addictions...lol) and I was delighted to find that the coating on the chipboard takes my watercolour crayons and acrylic ...without any signs of warping ...and provides a lovely base for artwork.  So without further ado I will share with you some jewellery pieces I have made .  The first one is a pendant of a cute whimsy girl painting....

followed by a brooch featuring my interpretation of a portrait of Freda Khalo who I think was a wonderful artist....


and finally for today I am sharing a mixed media chippie brooch... this one made by throwing kitchen roll at it... ok not quite throwing... more rolling, tearing and sticking then coating with watercolour and acrylic paint before adding swirls of fabric coated wire ... but the end justified the means ;-)

Now the best bit for me is that I made all three things from the Tando Home hanger... and I still have the words and one heart left for more creating... that's cool in my eyes !!


Will share what I create with the rest at a later date... Thanks for looking :D
hugs
Chris xx

7 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful pieces, your art is magic and these are treasures. xx Zoe

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Very original - love them. Ann

Karen said...

Wonderful work my friend! HUGS xxx

Angela said...

wow they look amazing!

Kaz said...

Fabulous first projects Chris, they are gorgeous x

Di said...

Amazing painting, I LOVE what you have done with these Chris x

Chris said...

Thanks for your comments and the lovely welcome girls :D
hugs
Chris xx