Wednesday 6 April 2011

Colouring

We're back!! Joanne and I (Carol) have been having a play with various techniques to see how this FABBY Tando Chipboard stands up to our various styles.  Each Wednesday we will be posting another technique for you all to try and for you to see how the chipboard reacts.

This week we are starting off with Colouring.  There are lots of different mediums on the craft market at the moment, and each of them giving very different looks.

Joanne has used copics on this totally gorgeous hanging:-


and here's a close up



She has used a twinchie, an inchie and two domino Tando shapes along with twigs and wire to create this piece.  The images have been coloured in using copics....the board has taken the colour really well and kept the vibrancy of this medium.  See Joannes blog here for further details.

As my fellow crafters will know I love my watercolour pencils...so, initially I created this piece.




The blank is a journalling spot (another of my fav pieces) and a crafty individuals stamp was stamped and shaded using the watercolour pencils, hi-lights were added using glossy accents.

Not quite sure about that piece I then created this:-

 

The backplate is another journalling blank and the image by stampotique.  The colouring medium is neocolor 11 watersoluable wax crayons - the colour glided on with these and even with the water added the board didn't become saturated or drink the colour as so often happens.  For further details please see my blog.

Hope that you've enjoyed our first Wednesday piece - see you next week!

Inky hugz Carol and Joanne

7 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous creations & wonderful inspiration. Thank you for sharing.xx

Karen said...

Thank you for these ideas girls, its good to know that nothing seems to soak into the chippie! xxx

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful work Carol and Joanne beautiful colours and great to see the contrast of Copics and Pencils. XOXO Zoe

Janice said...

Beautiful colouring ladies, those Tando bits are so versatile!

Kaz said...

Wow these are amazing. Such beautiful colouring on them xx

Di said...

Stunning crafting ladies, I love all the pieces and techniques used. I'm looking forward to next week already :o) xx

Irit Shalom said...

Just fantastic!! I wish I could color this way, but I can't..