Thursday 26 May 2011

When is a mask not a mask?

My first thought on handling one of the new masks was "Wow, bet that's thick enough to get an embossed impression off it". You know what? It is!

They work beautifully as masks but I always like to find more ways to put my stash to work so I was pleased with the way this worked out.

I just layed a sheet of DCWV white core card over the top of the mask, laid an embossing mat over the top of that and ran it through the Big Shot before lightly sanding over the embossed impression. (So for the "sandwich" that was mask laid on the first clear plate, card on top face up, embossing mat and second clear plate on top of that.)

I finished up a quick masculine card with my embossed piece by adding some punched circles with a little stamping on them, some brads and a broad mat in dark chocolately brown.

As ever, full supplies are listed {here} on my blog if anyone would like them.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Kaz said...

Oh wow Joanne that looks amazing!! What a brilliant way to use them xx

Di said...

Fabulous Joanne, I must try this technique myself, it's so effective. xx

Sue said...

Super design, love the colours especially those big brads.
Sue x

Karen said...

Oh wow! what a brilliant idea Joanne! Lovely card too x