Monday 25 July 2011

One for the guys

As soon as I saw these Tando chipboard pumps I knew just what I wanted to do with them.  It was fun turning them into keyrings and was another simple project that didn't take up to much time... I like seeing quick results :D

I used dye based ink to cover the back and sides and collaged an image and some scraps that I had left over, onto the front surface.  The back then got a coat of acrylic paint which was sanded back to create a shabby look.

I pierce a hole at the top of each pump with a bradawl and inserted a jump ring to attach the keyring to.


I always find it difficult creating gifts for men... so I'm happy to have a couple of standby bits and pieces ready for those special occasions. 
hugs
Chris xx

3 comments:

Irit Shalom said...

Really great use of the chip for the key chain. Love it

Carol Plume said...

wow what a fab idea - totally gorgeous too... now if they need a home I know exactly where they'd be well looked after...xx

Zoechaos said...

Great keyrings XOXO Zoe