Sunday 29 December 2013

A Christmas Card

Good morning to you all, I'm back after having enjoyed the festive season in Ardêche (a very beautiful area in France) during my Christmas holidays with my in-laws. Hope it's the same for you and that you have had a couple of days filled with merriment and love.. Well, what better way to finish the year now than sharing with you a Christmas Card? Maybe it can still inspire you if, like me, you're in very late for making all your Christmas and New Year festive cards!...


About the technical details, the central image is from Crafty Individuals (CI-211 'An Adorable Christmas Angel'). I stamped it using Jet Black Stazon on an ATC (Artist Trading Card) canvas and coloured it with my distress inks. I also used two different small snowflakes from the CI-282 ' Christmas Elements' set of stamps and some other French brands stamps in complement (for example the beautiful chevron-patterned Star at the upper right side) to do the background of my front card panel, before assembling and affixing all my embellishments onto it. I remember having heat embossed some of these stamps in gold and black... Also splattered Gesso (a bit diluted with water) on my background at the end to add interest, spreading like snow on the scene. LOVE the three mini brush stroke trees I also introduced at the bottom...  They were simply inked using a fab green colour so-called 'Cactus' (an Izink ink from Aladine that contains a lot of pigments), and I just sprinkled a bit of Glamour Dust Gold on top of them in addition.. Hope you like this card with this lovely angel as I plan to show you two other versions next week with other Tando goodies! You capop on over my blog for the full list of supplies if needed. 

I used:
Tando Mini's Brush Stroke Trees

Thank you for being here today.... Also, Happy New Year's Eve!!! Hugs, Coco xxx

7 comments:

Sandra said...

... et puis, c'est également très, très beau le dimanche !!!...
...
Bravo ma Corinnette, elle valait bien deux post, celle-ci :)

Cocofolies said...

Two posts identical... oops! Thank you Sandra, I've just deleted the previous one, one is enough I think lol! :)

nefertiti said...

So wonderful Christmas card Coco!!!bisous

Carol Plume said...

Gorgeous card Coco. Happy new year to you all xx

roc said...

Great job

Words and Pictures said...

What a great card from Coco!

Happy New Year to everyone... will try to get back to some more regular visiting in 2014!
Alison x

Karen said...

That's so gorgeous Coco x