Saturday 7 December 2013

A small Christmas Scenelit

Helloooo ladies and gentlemen! Christmas is fast approaching, now you must be all very busy to prepare some gifts (crafty ones I hope) and your Christmas scenes... I have a small icy winter scene for you today for inspiration. I have decorated the {mini Christmas Scenelit} using some DecoArt and Fresco Finish paints, embossing powders (iridescent sparkle, gold and clear silver), fake snow, and a lot of glitter... :-) and stamping of course, as I love my stamps combined to Tando's chipboards. And I couldn't resist adding a mini candle at the bottom, also by Tando. 
This Christmas scenelit is really a fab product, I had a lot of fun and even a true joy to work with it! It comes in four panels you have to glue together, and having done this you get a wonderful plain dimensional scene... really easy to bring it to live, and so lovely!!  
For this time I chose rather realistic colours, but I think the next time I will change my mind and try something totally different!!! Anyway even if I'm not totally satisfied with the result  - my fir trees are maybe a bit too dark, don't know... -, it's not too bad... hope you like!


The window and door of my little house are from a village stamp by Hero Arts, I used masking techniques and my stamp positioner to stamp them in place. For the remaining, mainly added tiny cute stamps from Crafty Individuals, some directly stamped with black Stazon and coloured (the small birds e.g. are coloured with my recently bought Derwent Inktense watercoloured pencils, with a drip of golden perfect pearls), or stamped on a separate card, next coloured and/or embossed, and cut out and glued at last. 

I also added a sheet of clear film cut to the same size as the four panels and rounded, to be inserted between the third and the last one. On this sheet, I stamped a Christmas scene in the sky (using my Brilliance Galaxy Gold dew drop) and heat embossed it gold. I used Glossy accents to adhere it on the remaining at it dries clear and transparent, and is a perfect glue for clear film!


Here are a few close-ups... But if you want to see all the photos and know the details, please pop over at my blog here.



Tando Creative supplies:
Mini Christmas Scenelit

Tando Mini's - Candles

I wish you a super week-end! Hugs Coco xxx

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Gorgeous Coco, I love all the layers and piles of snow.

Sandra said...

ADORABLE !!!!!... :)

Carol Plume said...

What a gorgeous piece - fab work Coco xx

roc said...

Nicely done!

Kaz said...

Very pretty and snowy Coco x