Monday 16 December 2013

House Shaped Advent Calendar with Dana


Hi Tando fans! Dana here today sharing my House Shaped Advent Calendar. I had a blast putting this project together. My daughters are having so much fun counting down the days until Christmas, especially when every drawer contains a special treat!


I started by covering the house with some cozy patterned papers. I used the Joined Snowflake Mask to add some textured stars to the snowy scene on the sides of the house.



I smoothed molding paste over just the centers of the snowflakes on the mask, which was the perfect design for the sky. I added Mini Snowflakes that I colored with acrylic paint and glitter glue.



To aid with opening, I attached small wooden plugs to the center of each drawer.



I wanted to embellish the roof with realistic looking "shingles" so I used a die to cut patterned paper to cover the roof. I added some "snow" to the top of my roof and covered it with a layer of glitter glue to give it the fantastic sparkle of fresh fallen snow.




Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Kerri-Jo Sharp said...

This is beautiful and I love the paper on the sides!!
Hugs
Kerri

Cocofolies said...

This is really gorgeous and cleverly done Dana!!! Your shingles look larger than life, and I love how you used just the little stars within this mask! Your girls must ADORE it and the treats inside lol!! Coco xx

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Dana, so much fun for your children xxx

Sandra said...

Beautiful alteration. Great job :)