Saturday 22 March 2014

Same but Different... A funny AJ page and its tutorial!

Helloooo, it's my turn (Coco) to show you what I've made with the new 'Flexistrips - Grass' product...
This new product is thinner than chipboard but thicker than card, and also very flexible so it can easily be used on 3D projects, like Karen showed you beautifully just before me this week! Today, I chose to put it simply as a gorgeous embellishment on an Art Journal page, it is a quite funny page, hope will will like it as much as me... I have also a tutorial for you on this piece, click on the first image below for the link.

Apart the Flexistrips - Grass product into focus, I used several Tando's masks and chipboards on this project. I had a great fun to play with all my Tando goodies, they are really perfect to create and embellish AJ pages...  This page forms a charming combination with a previous page on the left side of my Journal, it was a bit fairy-tale page, you will have an insight into it at the end also... Hope this style of whimsical AJ pages will make you smile and inspire you! :D 

My background is made using various Panpastels as a base for other mediums, acrylic paint here and there and a bit of metallic gilding wax on the leaves and the edges... All my textured leaves are created with my new Tando mask 'Long Flourish', this one is so BEAUTIFUL!! The three different leaves you can create with it are really gorgeous. I also played with the new released mask 'Bullseye' (another new great one!!) for the central image, combined to a Stampotique stamp having by chance similar design. I was a bit inspired by the English fairy tale "Jack and the Beanstalk" everyone knows I think... even in France haha!  

Here are some photos, but you will find all the details, photos and needed supplies enclosed within the how-to file I made for you, to download a PDF with full instructions, click on the picture below.









I show you the two pages of my Art Journal together...


I used the following new Releases:

Flexistrips - Grass
Mask - Bullseye
Mask - Long Flourish

Others products:

Squirrel Woodland Set
Grab Bag of Clouds

Andy Skinner's Mask/Stencil - Accessorise

A Skinner Stencil/Mask - Accessorise

Thanks for stopping by today, this really was a great week! Hope you have appreciated all the pieces we have showed you throughout the week in different styles to inspire you... have a wonderful week-end! HUGS Coco xxx

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Stunning AJ double page. Fun, artsy and sweet :)
This grass strip is terrific !

Kay Wallace said...

Love the journal page paired with the one you created this month for the Stampotique Designers' Challenge, Coco! So many elements, but two of my favorites are those hats created for your birdies, and, of course, that grass! You are a fantastic artist, but I think I like it best when you create scenes like this journal spread! Well done, my friend!

Meihsia Liu said...

Such lovely art journal pages! The images and patterns are fabulous :)

Carol Plume said...

Lovely pages Coco!

Anne said...

Wow this is fantastic! Such fun and such imagination and inspiration! Absolutely LOVE this and the grass flexistrip is tres bon!!!!!

Gio said...

It's so cute, Coco! Love the little characters, the mushrooms, the quote, so true! the ladder...everything!

Words and Pictures said...

Really stunning page from Coco - I love every inch of it... The grasses are great, but I'm afraid that flourish has stolen the show!
Alison x

Linsey R said...

Omgosh, this is beyond fabulous! I'm in awe and I will probably look over this in great detail for the next little while! It's totally amazing!!! TFS! :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

I really love your creations, you make a world of your own with differans stamps!!!I love it!!!

Greetings
Maria