Monday 23 March 2015

MASK/STENCIL WEEK

Hello, its Karen here kicking off our MASK/STENCIL week of fun!!!  Tando Masks, or stencils if you prefer are extremely sturdy yet still very flexible.  I have used mine with all sorts of mediums, from paint to very textured paste.  They clean up superbly, usually with some washing up liquid and a nailbrush but I am a bit lazy and tend to leave mine until the medium is truly dried on (so naughty) and if the nailbrush won't shift it, I spray on oven cleaner, leave for half an hour and then wash!!!!  You can also put them in the dishwasher hahaha!!!!!  We have a lot of different designs to suit all tastes and as well as our own designs we have well known designers who have designed some- Andy Skinner, Neil Walker and Giovanna Zara as well as our own lovely Kaz.

For my project I have used 3 different masks (I will list them later) and made up a large canvas.


Lots and lots of layers on this one if you look closely.  I added some stamped and watercoloured flowers (Chocolate Baroque) and a quote.  Some close ups...



I shall be writing a tutorial for this one soon which will be available of the Tando Website so do look out for it if you fancy making something similar!  These are the masks that I used:

Andy Skinners beautiful *Baroque*
 
 
 
Kaz Boughton's pretty *Dotted Star* 
 
 
Tando's lovely *Long Flourish* 
 
If you fancy having a play with some stencils/masks then please enter our monthly draw.  You can find the page to link your work to at the top of the blog, along with the info on how to enter.  Lots of prizes to be won :-D
 
Thank you for popping by, Hugs xxx



3 comments:

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous my lovely, a fab quote too to go with a stunning make. Hugs x x x

Kaz said...

Simply beautiful Karen xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

So beautiful Karen xx