Saturday 2 May 2015

Mini Butterfly Canvas

  I love the mini range because they're perfect for cards. They are smaller and thinner than the regular Tando greyboard, but are still sturdy and take a good bashing from me!

I decided to make something other than a card this time and made this mini canvas for my friend's birthday. The canvas is about 6 x 6 I think (I've posted it already and forgot to measure it).



I glued 12 butterflies from the ~{Mini Butterflies}~ onto the canvas and once dry, gave the whole lot a coat of gesso. Once that was dry I painted the whole thing with DecoArt White Chalk Finish Paint and left it to dry.

I took 4 more butterflies and painted and blended them with the chalk paint and DecoArt Fluid Acrylic in Cobalt Teal.

Next I used Gelatos to lightly colour the canvas and the edges of the butterflies, blending them with a finger. I then used a text stamp randomly on the butterflies.

Finally I used a stamp and white embossing powder on the blue butterflies before gluing them to the canvas.

Kaz xxx

1 comment:

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful ♥ Gorgeous butterflies ♥