Tuesday 28 July 2015

Summer - Starry Night Arch


Hi Tando fans! Dana here today sharing an arch I created for the Summer theme this week. One of my favorite Summer activities is star gazing. I used Vincent van Gogh's The Starry Night painting and lyrics from Don McClean's Vincent as my inspiration for this piece.


I painted an Arabian-Style Layered Arch Frame with a shimmery yellow paint. I then backed the arch with a felt damask specialty paper for a fun layer of texture. I painted stars from the Grab Bag of Stars first with a layer of white acrylic paint and then with a coat of Rock Candy Stickles. I finished the frame with dots made with a dimensional pearl pen and song lyrics that read:

"Look out on a summer's day with eyes that know the darkness in my soul."

You can find this chipboard and more in the Tando Creative Retail Store! We'd love to have you join the Summer Challenge! To be in with a chance of winning some great Tando goodies of your choice, please make a piece based on our weekly themes and link your project, not just your blog, using the inlinkz tool located at the top of the Tando Blog. You don't have to use any Tando product, but, if you do, you will be entered into the draw twice! There are no limits to how many times you enter, however, we do request that you only enter your piece for 5 challenges. We look forward to seeing your creations!

Thanks for stopping by today!