Thursday 24 September 2015

Book Covers week - Squared Off........

Hi all,

I love book-binding and this weeks challenge provided the PERFECT excuse to try out a different binding technique that has been on my 'to try' list for ages.

Neil Walker's book cover kits are just right for the binding I wanted to use as the spine is separate to the covers.........





The binding is the 'Secret Belgian Binding' if you fancy trying it, I used instructions from a book in my collection but there are plenty of tutorials available on You-Tube too.
The binding takes a little patience and fiddling around but it's well worth the effort as its' one of the few techniques that give you a book that will open completely flat.

Here is the kit I used (Squared Off)........

Book Cover Kit - Squared Off


If you fancy playing along with any of our themes we would love to see what you come up with. There is a linky tool at the top of the page for you, if you fancy sharing your makes. Anything linked will go into the monthly draw and you will be in with a chance of winning some fab Tando goodies.

Many Thanks for popping by today.

Hugs 

Dawn x 


4 comments:

Neil said...

Another gorgeous book. Must have a look at the binding techniques too as it looks cool.

Dana Tatar said...

I love the crackle finish and the binding!

Karen said...

So Gorgeous, love the colours x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Wow I would love to learn how to bind books very clever. x