Sunday 13 September 2015

Home Sweet Home!


Hi Gez here, I am delighted to be sharing a project with you today. This weeks challenge is all about techniques and the Design Team have been show casing their painty techniques.. always nice to get painty, what a lovely excuse !!

I've made a large hanging plaque using the gorgeous {Home Sweet Home Plaque kit}

Home Sweet Home Plaque large

and a few extras! 

I hope you like it..


(click to enlarge..)

First of all I gave the plaque a generous coating of {White Gesso} 

Media: White Gesso

  adding a few scribbles for texture before it dried.. one of my favourite things to do !

(click to enlarge..)

The Gesso dried in no time.. I then gave the plaque a coating of blue acrylic paint mixing on the plaque with a little more Gesso..

I then used the {Trees and Leaves mask} to create some interest to the background using a baby wipe to remove some of the blue acrylic paint

Mask - Trees and Leaves 3 part mask 

I wanted to create the image of sky, trees and the little house being in the trees for the owls to live in!

I added some home grown ephemera (my sons old homework !!) to the house that comes in the {Home Sweet Home plaque kit} using {Clear Matte Medium}


Media: Clear Matte Medium 

This was soo much fun! 

 As well as using acrylic paints to paint with this week I challenged myself to use other products too and went straight to my watercolour crayons, these are so easy to use and can be used to create backgrounds as well as working well on smaller pieces. I used a baby wipe to help create the effect I was looking for..


The watercolour dried in no time and I was soon able to build up a few more layers.

Here is the finished house..

(click to enlarge..)

I added some texture to the heart by removing some of the paint through the {Criss Cross Grid mask} using a baby wipe..

Mask - Criss Cross Grid

 It's round about here where I got lost in the process and forgot all about taking photographs !!!!!
(Thank goodness I hear you shout !!)

Here is a close up showing the little {Owls}

Tando Mini's - Owls 

and {Leaves} 

Tando Minis - Leaves 3 

(click to enlarge..)
I also  painted a couple of {Flowers} 
from the mini's set..

Tando Mini's - Flowers

I hope you like my project for today.


Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance.

Hope you can join in the fun!
(link at the top of the page..)

Happy creating! Gez 
  

2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lots of lovely painty layers - a fab project Gez!

Karen said...

This is so pretty Gez! x