Sunday 12 February 2017

Technique Week - Adding Fabric with Lisa.

Hi folks, Lisa here and welcome to my Tando post for this week. It's Technique Week and the theme is adding fabric. I used Tandos Kate Crane 7 piece planner kit for this project. 

This is a fabulous kit, it comes with a front and back cover and 5 inserts. (There is also a smaller kit available with less inserts and you can also purchase just the inserts to add extra ones if you wish. All three sets are available on the Tando website.)


I only used the front and back covers of the planner for this particular challenge. 


Here is what I did...

Front Journal Cover

Back Journal Cover

First I gave the front and back covers a quick coat of DecoArt white gesso. I then started adding fabric. I gathered a whole range of different ribbons, lace, hessian and began layering them on the front and back of the journal covers. 


I added DecoArt Texture Sand Paste, DecoArt Crackle Paint and used DecoArt White Modelling Paste with Andy Skinner's 8 x 8 Creativity Stencil.






When everything was dry I started to add some colour using DecoArt Media Artist Fluid Acrylics. I used Quinacridone Gold, Paynes Grey, Burnt Umber and Colbalt Teal Hue. I added the colours in layers, drying between each stage. 


1st layer


2nd Layer


I continued to add the paint until I was happy with the coverage.








To finish, I highlighted the stencilled word and some other areas white white gesso. Then painted the back of each cover and the edges with black gesso.




Here is the finished journal covers with the inserts which haven't yet been decorated. 





Everything I have used for this project is below and they are available on the Tando Website.

Thanks for popping by the Tando Blog today. If you would like to pop over to my blog, the link is here.
Toodles for now,
Lisa x 

Kate Crane 7 piece Planner   A Skinner Stencil - CREATIVITY  Media: Texture Sand Paste  Media: White Crackle PAINT  Media: White Gesso  Media: Black Gesso  Media: White Modelling Paste  Fluid Acrylics: Burnt Umber  Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Teal  Fluid Acrylics: Paynes Grey  Fluid Acrylics: Quinacridone Gold

No comments: