Wednesday 11 October 2017

Snowflake Shrine

Here is my take on the Same But Different week using the {Shrine}:



I glued it together using gel medium and once dry, painted it with gesso and added a thick, rough coat of {DecoArt White Modelling Paste} to the roof and floor and left it to dry thoroughly.

I then used spray inks to colour the insides and built up the colour in layers until I was happy with it.

Once dry, I painted the outside with acrylic paints, then used snowflake stamps and white embossing powder.

I gave the roof and floor a coat of DecoArt Glitter Paint.

Finally, I decorated 3 snowflakes from the {Snowflake Mini} and {5 Snowflakes} packs with acrylic paint and glitter glue before fastening the largest 2 with a brad.

I did aim to hang snowflakes inside the shrine, but when it came to doing it, it was far too fiddly so I built a stem for the snowflake using{Grid Rectangles}!

I added a battery operated tealight to finish off.

As is always the case, the photos don't show off the glitter very well.




Kaz xxx

1 comment:

Craftychris said...

Oh this is so gorgeous! A fabulous decoration! xxx