Monday 9 April 2018

Texture Paste with Tando

Hi everyone Dee here with my make for texture paste week. I have used a variety of both modelling, crackle paste, Deco Art Ferro paste graphite & Stamperia glass paste ice effect. All my work is about texture and layers and to me texture paste is anything that creates texture from crackle pastes to liquid glass as it all creates a 3d structure to which we as 'artists' turn and manipulate into our art.
I started with cutting card into random square/rectangle pieces and sticking them onto a tag, I followed this with a layer of gesso. When it had dried I then applied both modelling paste and crackle paste with my palette knife. I allowed this to dry naturally.
I used very watery , washes of quinacridone gold, Prussian blue hue, Phthalo Blue, transparent yellow oxide, Dioxide purple. I applied the Stamperia glass paste through a Tando small flourish stencil and allowed to dry. Once dry I swiped it with pewter treasure gold.
I used a pallet knife to apply the graphite ferro to the circles substrate so that it would be at varying levels of thickness when dry so giving an uneven texture to the circles. I highlighted this with Treasure Gold as the Dragonfly from #France Papillon's Creepers and Crawlers plate was going to rest on top of it. I triple embossed Frances Dragonfly with # Stampendous embossing powders & coloured some frayed ribbon I layered it all up underneath the Dragonfly.
I hope you all enjoyed my post today thank you for taking the time to pop by.
Please let me know any questions you might have.
Cheers Dee X

 PRODUCTS USED













2 comments:

kksb said...

Looks fabulous. Love the texture. Next time (if possible) please show pictures of the step by step process. Thanks.

Karin said...

Love, love, love this beauty.